Journey to an authentic Maori village nestled in a Rotorua forest and be formally welcomed onto sacred grounds. Amidst crackling village fires, discover Maori art forms, take part in ancient rituals and learn fascinating Maori traditions. Let us share our impressive song and dance before enjoying a traditional feast, cooked beneath the ground on hot stones.
From the moment you are picked up by your warm and humorous hosts, the Tamaki Maori Village Evening Experience promises to be entertaining. On arrival an ancient ceremony of welcome takes place before entering the traditional Maori village that is set within a stunning 200 year old native Tawa forest.
Immerse yourself in the traditional Maori way of life. Participate in warrior training, the poi dance and learning the haka (maori war dance). Enjoy displays of the arts weaving, wood carving and facial tattooing. Learn how your hangi meal has been cooked as you view it being lifted from beneath the ground.
A powerful cultural performance of song and dance is shared within the village meeting house. Feasting on your traditional hangi buffet meal and New Zealand desserts begins. Dine, relax and enjoy a closing ceremony before the evening is ended with an entertaining journey home.
- 3.5 hour Maori Cultural Experience
- Traditional dinner and dessert buffet feast
- Free transport to and from your Rotorua accommodation
- Adults NZD $130.00
- Children (5-9 years) NZD $35.00
- Children (10-15 years) NZD $70.00
- Students (ID required) NZD $99.00
- Senior Citizens (65 +) NZD $99.00
- Family Group (2 adults, up to 2 children) NZD $340.00
- Infants (4 years & under) FREE
- Wheelchair and pram accessible, high chairs available
- Special dietary requirements catered for upon request
- Licensed bar available
- Please wear a warm jacket, comfortable footwear & bring your camera
"Fun from the moment we got on the bus. Our driver was hilarious, the rituals fascinating, simple, tasty food. A fun & interesting experience."
"As a family with teens and my parents across 3 generations, we loved it! The highlight of our New Zealand trip."
"A great night out in every respect of the word...from the moment you step on the bus, you are immersed in Maori culture. I would highly recommend."