Spend the night immersed in a peaceful and authentic Maori village deep within the heart of a Rotorua forest. Beneath the dappled sunlight of an ancient Tawa forest canopy, enjoy an afternoon engaging in a variety of traditional Maori activities before participating in our Evening Experience. Later, an open camp fire beckons where you will enjoy tales of Maori myths, legends and stories from our history, before relaxing in one of our hot forest spa pools. Retire for the night for a restful sleep in our intricately carved Whare Moe (sleeping house).
Spending the night in the heart of Tamaki Maori Village offers an immersive Maori Cultural experience like no other. From your traditional welcome to our emphasis on the spiritual importance of the Whare Moe, authenticity is at the heart of everything we do. You’ll come away feeling like you got to know our culture and traditions on a very personal level.
Get involved and experience Maori activities and the traditional lifestyle of long ago. Respect and reverence for Mother Nature, our gods, legends and stories is a core part of Maori culture and how our people lived. Observe common customs and protocols and enjoy the opportunity to ask questions of our people over an open fire.
By staying overnight in our village, you’ll learn about traditional Maori culture and what makes it so special. Discover the meanings of carvings that adorn the village and learn the customs, protocols and activities of a traditional Maori village. There’s nothing like learning about local myths and legends told by Maori guides over a crackling outdoor fire.
- A unique opportunity to stay in a traditional Maori village
- Exclusive afternoon program with Maori Guides and Evening Experience including Hangi feast
- One night’s accommodation in a carved sleeping house, linen provided, with continental breakfast
Tamaki Maori Village is New Zealand’s MOST AWARDED Cultural Attraction – do not miss out!
- Adults $250.00pp
- Children (5-9yrs) $165.00pp
- Children (10-15yrs) $175.00pp
- Student (16yrs+) $215.00pp
- Minimum 10 people, maximum 56 people.
- This is an all-inclusive overnight experience. Private welcome, tailored afternoon program, Evening Experience, all meals, linen, and private outdoor spa facilities provided.